Monday, April 12, 2010

Girl Talk

My daughter is strong willed. Just like her mother. I found myself telling Cbabi that every time I talk to her lately it feels like she is totally ignoring me--so i talk louder--which is so much fun for everybody(sarcasm). So last night I went into her room and sat on her bed and just started talking. And this sentence came out of my mouth: "Everything you learn about being a woman you will learn mostly from me. I will teach you, and it would be easier if I felt you were listening to me. " We ended up hugging it out, looking at Martha Stewart's wedding cake book (research) and everything was good.

Parenting stinks sometimes; and sometimes it's the best thing ever. Here's hoping I get it more right than wrong. And when I get it wrong, I apologize.

grace & peace,

reine

4 comments:

Adrienne Brown-David said...

That's one of the best little tidbits I've heard in a while. I have four strong willed daughters, so reading that was right on time...thanks.

B. Vegan said...

Hey Adrienne,

glad to know that someone else who is raising daughters is "fighting the good fight".

grace & peace,

reine

Sallie Ann said...

What a wonderful moment. And probably one she'll remember for a very long time to come.

PB and Jess said...

I'm glad you worked through it! Sounds like you have a great relationship with your daughter.
<3