Monday, February 28, 2011

Sweet Happenings this week March 1st-5th



Hello Extended SweetArt Family!

That's right, we said March 1st. We are resuming Tuesday hours which we scheduled for March thinking the weather would finally be a bit warmer, but forgetting that we are in St. Louis. But come on out any way! We really want to see you.

We have finally comprised our official "cupcake menu". It's long--longer than we thought, but hopefully helpful to those of you wanting to place custom orders for your events. It will be in-house and coming to our website soon, so come by and check it out.

This week's specials are Curried Lentil Soup. This is a favorite of staff and awesome customers and as soup season draws to a close, you shouldn't miss it. Believe me, the moment it gets warm consistently, it's so long soup! Like all of our soups, this one is vegan, has coconut milk (that's an inside joke...can we even make a soup without coconut milk in this place! we're addicted to it!!), and is delicious!

Our lunch special is also vegan this week, Barbecue Chipotle Tofu Tacos. We love tacos and were inspired to welcome back Tuesdays with a taco! Chunks of marinated bbqed tofu, cojita or vegan cheese, lettuce, cilantro, onions, avocado creama (vegan) and salsa on the side. Sounds like my lunch all this week.

Look for the sweet treats to be extra fantastic this week. I know what you're thinking, aren't they always. True. But this week they will be so awesome. And what's even more awesome: Tuesday, March 1st we're giving away a free petite cupcake with every purchase (while supplies last).

A little story before I go: We have a customer who works across the street at the church. Her son owns a tattoo parlor and she has a granddaughter(s) and one day she came into the shop and said, "Have my prayers been working? I've been praying for you guys since you opened." If you know me, you know I 'bout fell out onto the floor in tears, but held it together and simply said, "Thank you so much for that." It filled my heart that someone who doesn't really know me is praying for my success. That's the community supporting the community by supporting local businesses. But more importantly, that's human decency and kindness. We've not always been welcomed with opened arms here. I never discuss that because my focus must remain on those who do support us and what we are trying to do. Pray for somebody this week. Make it someone you don't really know...and watch your life change for the better.

I pray that you all receive great blessings in life and health, deep happiness and grand prosperity.

We thank each and every one of you for the support (and prayers!). We could not do this without you.

grace & peace,

Reine

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I *love* these specials of the week! Keep 'em coming :)

B. Vegan said...

Thanks, Rebecca. We want to "spice" it up a bit : )

Rebecca said...

I tried the tacos today. Loved them. "Dylan" was so kind to bring my lunch while I worked. He loves you guys!